Well, did I have a good day yesterday or what?! I woke up to find Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning had arrived from Amazon, I went to see the Hangover 2 which was outrageously funny, and then I came home and discovered that Rae from Best O' Books has nominated me for a Versatile Blogger Award! Thank you Rae!! I’m chuffed :)
Upon receiving this award I must do two things 1) admit seven random things about myself, 2) nominate five other versatile bloggers for this award.
7 random facts…here goes;
- I have watched Armageddon at least 50 times and I cry every time without fail.
- I am a huge fan of the twilight books but I CANNOT stand Breaking dawn….I’ve never said that out loud.
- When I was 17 I got so consumed by The Tea Rose by Jennifer Donnelly that my mum walked into the sitting room, turned on the TV and watched an episode of Coronation street without me noticing. She had to throw a pillow in my face to get my attention, I had no idea she was in the room with me.
- I have seen every single episode of Friends
- I met my boyfriend on holidays when I was 14
- I love to cook, but I especially love creating new meals. As a result I have subjected my family to some questionable meals
- I am offended by the word Colonel! I do not understand why it is pronounced Cur-nel but is spelt Col?! Why do we pronounce a non-existent ‘R’. I genuinely I get angry about this.
Now on to the wonderful bloggers who deserve this award!
- BookLuvr Mindy from Magical Urban Fantasy reads - I have only just stumbled upon her blog recently. While her blog focuses on Fantasy she has a very impressive archive ranging from from faeries to warlocks and dragons to zombies.
- Missie from The Unread Reader - Missie runs an awesome blog. She is one of the first people I started following when I started up my own blog. She is also the host of My Book Boyfriend meme which is without a doubt my favourite weekly meme!
- next is Heather from Heather's opinion on all things book related - Another well thought out blog with great reviews. Check out her rating system, it's bound to put a smile on your face. :)
- Sinn over at Sinnful Books - As she says herself, she reads any book under the sun. She is a wonderful writer and always gives just the right amount of detail in her reviews. I have also just noticed that she has won a Stylish Blogger Award and deservedly so!
- And last but certainly not least Ange from Moonlight Reader - She reads a range of different genres and her reviews are short and concise. She has a talent for being able to describe her thoughts on a book in one neat, easy to read paragraph.