Wednesday 6 July 2011

My Book Boyfriend #6



My Book Boyfriend is a weekly meme hosted by Missie of The Unread Reader in which we swoon over boys in books! I haven't been taking part for the last few weeks because I have been consumed by two young adult series and have already featured the guys from them as my Book Boyfriend. But today I'm back with a new boy in tow!


His Name and Address: Luis Castro from Chasing Daisy by Paige Toon. 
Profession: Formula one race car Driver
Appearance: Tall, dark and handsome - Olive skin, black hair, dark-brown eyes - What's not to like?






Luis has a reputation of being a party animal and womanizer but as the story progresses we see that while he is hilarious, he is also trustworthy and dare I say it...a bit vulnerable!


As far as quotes go, it is hard to share any with you guys without using Spoilers because this is a story of secrets and twists! I'm not going to write an spoilers though so here is a quote that really moved me at the time.


"You still haven't told me why you're here?" I prompt.
He looks uncomfortable. "Spur of the moment. I didn't want you to leave again."
"I was only taking a break for a few days."
"I couldn't be sure of that. I couldn't take the risk."
"I'm suprised you'd care that much."
He looks up suddenly and stares straight into my eyes. "I need you more than you think."
My heart does something funny and it dawns on me at that moment that maybe I need him too.







7 comments:

  1. What a FANTASTIC pick!

    This looks like such a cute book :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always looking for a new author to read and this one looks like a winner. I have found this book and some of her earlier ones on Audible so I can listen to them. Great blog by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Olive skin. Luis sounds dreamy. Love that quote.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will have to add this book to my TBR list! New author to me, but I LOVE that quote and I love hot race car drivers, so win-win. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, I can bet behind this guy. I've an unfortunate affinity for womanizers. Well, until they meet the heroine anyway. I'll have to look into this book. I haven't heard of it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh... *sigh* I love that quote!

    Here's mine: http://simpleloveofreading.blogspot.com/2011/07/my-book-boyfriend-24.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know this one, but he seems quite intriguing. I am a new follower. :)

    Reading Lark's Book Boyfriend

    ReplyDelete