Wednesday 3 August 2011

My Book Boyfriend #7



My Book Boyfriend is a weekly meme hosted by Missie of The Unread Reader in which we swoon over men in books! This week I'm picking Nathaniel Bonner from Sara Donati's Into the Wilderness series.


Some facts:

  • He is half Scotish and half Mowhawk. 
  • He is the son of Hawkeye and he lives in the endless forests of Paradise, NY
  • His wife Sarah died in childbirth several years earlier and now he raises their daughter alone.
  • He is smart, confident, sensitive to other people's feelings and has a strong but gentle sense of humour. 
  • People in the town are intimidated by him. 
  • His chest is covered with Mowhawk tattoos
"I wake up wanting you and I go to sleep wanting you," Nathaniel murmured, pulling her shoulders up to meet him so that her head fell back and the arch of her neck rose to meet him. "Elizabeth. I want you as much as I want to breathe..."

'His hands were on her back, moving in circles. He kissed the corner of her mouth, took her lower lip between his teeth and worried it gently. Touched her upper lip with his tongue and then claimed her, his arms surrounding her, one hand cradling her head.'

"When I'm dying," he said. "When I close my eyes at the last, it'll be your face I see, right at this moment."

It was just impossible to find a picture that looks like my vision of Nathaniel. This is the best I can find. To me Nathaniel's hair is a bit longer and his facial features more angular. This picture is also missing his tattoos.



4 comments:

  1. This book sounds interesting and different!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't know how much I swoon over single dads. Nathaniel sounds so tempting, and his mixed heritage is so interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love me the scottsmen lately...I anyone with an accent is golden for me!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those quotes are definitely swoon worthy! You make me want to read this book :)

    ReplyDelete