My Book Boyfriend is a weekly meme hosted by Missie of The Unread Reader which provides us an opportunity to swoon over the men in our books. This week I'm picking Daniel Bonner from The Endless Forest by Sara Donati.
- Daniel is the son of the glorious Nathaniel Bonner (Last weeks Book Boyfriend!)
- Raised by Indians and his English mother.
- At 19 he went off to fight a war and came home without the use of his left arm.
- He is a backwoodsman, living in the strawberry fields on Hidden Wolf
- He is fiercely loyal to his family and very protective over those he loves (Martha, lucky girl!)
- He is tall, lean, has black hair and stunning green eyes
- He has a cheeky smile and he loves to tease.
- But he is also incredibly sensitive when he has to be
Martha started to roll away from him, but Daniel pinned her down. "Are we done talking?" "Not yet," she said, and he kissed her through a broad grin. "I think I know what the problem is," Daniel said. "It's impossible to think clearly wearing clothes. Let's take care of that first."
He pulled her closer and kissed her, a sweet kiss that lingered no longer than a heartbeat. Then he pressed his mouth to her temple and he took a deep breath. He said, "Martha Bonner, I swear to you, I'll do everything in my power to protect you. Because I love you, and your happiness is the most important thing in the world to me."
Then he was back, two fingers thick with butter. "What - " she said, but he had already smeared it over her bottom lip and down her neck to the base of her throat. When he kissed her this time his tongue touched hers and the bright taste of new butter blossomed between them.
Phew, I am seriously in love with all the Bonner men. I finished The Endless Forest last night and will be posting up my review later today!