Thursday 8 September 2011

Book Blogger Hop


Book Blogger Hop

Book Blogger Hop is hosted by Crazy for Books and is a place just for book bloggers and readers to connect and share our love for the written word! This weekly BOOK PARTY is an awesome opportunity for book bloggers to connect to other book lovers, make new friends, support each other and generally just share our love for books.

This weeks question is: "Many of us primarily read one genre of books, with others sprinkled in. If authors stop writing that genre, what genre would you start reading? Or would you give up reading completely if you couldn't read that genre anymore?

I think I would keel over if author's stopped writing romance!! I don't even want to imagine it. Honestly, I think I would take a break from reading and go and lick my wounds for a while. But I'd come back. I'd miss it too much. I think I would start reading a lot more historical novels. At least I could still lose myself in past worlds. I'd say I would start reading more Young Adult too. What about you?

Pssst don't forget to check out my Six Month Blogiversary GIVEAWAY! Just Click Here to Enter! The winners get to pick the book of their choice from Book Depository.  

14 comments:

  1. Luckily there are romantic elements to be found almost within every genre. :) Romance has a lot of sub-genres that can usually please most readers' tastes. I would be very sad to see my genre go away, too, but it's good to read a varied selection of books. :) A great and honest answer. Have a nice weekend!

    ~DJL
    My Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a romance fan as well. The great thing is EVERY story has some sort of romance in it some how hehe

    Kylie @ The Talking Teacup

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, yes that would definitely wipe out quite a few books if they took the romance away! Heaven forbid! ;)

    Here is MY HOP ANSWER !

    Have a great weekend and Happy Reading!

    Lea @ LC's Adventures in Libraryland

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too many people love romance for that to ever happen! Lucky for you.

    I wish I was a little more focused in my reading. I think the word "eclectic" was created just to describe me!

    I'd love to have you stop by.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopping by...Come by and read my hop answer and enter the giveaway going on that page @ Ashley Suzanne!

    I am a new follower and would love a follow back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It would be awful to lose romance. Those are the reliably happy books.
    How are you enjoying The Wild Rose? I love Jennifer Donnelly's books but I haven't read that one yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is lots of romance within many other genres, isn't there?! I don't think we have to worry about losing that genre!

    I have a couple of Jennifer Donnelly's books, but I haven't read them yet. I think I have The Tea Rose and the Winter Rose. Have you read them?

    Happy Hopping!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi
    Just hopping by and following through! I enjoy a sprinkling of romance but couldnt read it all the time

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    View my post

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, just hopping through!

    - New follower

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't mind a romantic addition to a book, but I'm not a huge fan of the romance genre. However, that said, I can't imagine not reading for any length of time. I'd read anything!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello, just hopping through! Happy Friday!

    My Follow Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hopping thru and wanted to wish you a TGIF!! New Follower Here. :)

    Read my reply at Gimme The Scoop Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm sure I'd be fine. There has to be some book(s) out there that I'd enjoy reading. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I read so little romance I probably wouldn't even notice if the genre stopped publication. There are so many different things to read even if new books in a favorite genre stopped being published. Please come see what I would read.

    ReplyDelete