Tuesday 20 September 2011

My Book Boyfriend #10


My Book Boyfriend is a weekly meme hosted by Missie over at The Unread Reader, which provides us with an opportunity to swoon over the guys in our books. This week I have fallen deeply in love with Alex from Delirium by Lauren Oliver.

I have actually just finished reading Delirium this evening but am too upset and in a funk to consider writing a review. When I have recovered I'll be sharing my MANY thoughts on this book. Loved it!

  • Name: Alex Sheaths
  • Age: 19
  • Appearance: "His hair is golden brown, like leaves in autumn just as they're turning, and he has bright amber eyes."
  • He comes from a world where love is a disease and people are permenently cured once the reach 18 years of age. Men and woman can't touch until they are cured and loving relationships are forbidden.
  • While Alex has the scars on his neck to prove he is one of the cured, he is in fact not cured.
  • He is originally from The Wilds
  • He likes to read love poems
  • He listens to everything Lena tells him and he trusts her with his biggest secret. 
  • He would sacrifice his own freedom to make sure Lena is safe and happy.
  • He teases Lena in the sweetest ways
  • Not to mention, he is an amazing kisser!
I typed Alex Sheaths Delirium into Google images and this is who came up. nom nom nom

Quotes
The helicopter has him fixed in it's spotlight. He is standing white and still and frozen in its beam, and I don't think I have ever, in my life, seen anything more beautiful than him.

"Why do you care?" I say, barely a whisper.
"I told you" he whispers back. I can feel his breath just tickling skin space behind my ear, making the hair prick up on my neck. "I like you."
"You don't know me" I say quickly.
"I want to though"



Alex reading banned poetry to Lena
He flips forward a few pages in the book, but he doesn't glance down at it. He keeps his eyes on me the whole time. "You want to hear a different one?" He doesn't wait for me to answer before beginning to recite, "How do I love thee? Let me count the ways."
There's that word again: Love. My heart stops when he says it, then stutters into a frantic rhythm.
"I love thee to the depth and breath and height my soul can reach..."
I know he's only speaking someone else's words, but they seem to come from him anyway. His eyes are dancing with light; in each of them I see a bright point of candlelight reflected.
He takes a step forward and kisses my forehead softly. "I love thee to the level of every day's most quiet need.." He kisses each cheekbone - a delicious, skimming kiss, barely grazing my skin. " I love thee freely..."


9 comments:

  1. I haven't read this book yet but it's on my TBR list, I've heard good things. I'm excited to meet Alex. Jeremy Sumpter is such a hottie these days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Wow! He is willing to read banned poetry to her! *le swoon*

    Alex sounds amazing. I'm glad he hasn't lost the ability to love. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaaah! This is in my TBR pile! I really like the quotes! "I want to though" !!!!!!!!! I'm squeeling and my heart is going pitter patter! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want him! I want him NOW! Lol. I have Delirium at home waiting to be read and now I can't wait!
    -Jess

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHAT a fantastic choice! A man who reads banned poetry :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have this sitting on my shelf too, it keeps getting put at the end of my TBR pile after seeing your post I think I need to bump it up my TBR pile.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the audio version of Delirium. Those quotes are seriously making me want to listen to it!

    Jesse @ Pretty In Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  8. That last quote where he reads her poetry is my favorite scene in the entire book. *swoon* I really did enjoy that book. I think your pick is almost exactly what I had in mind. I kind of expected the ending, but it was still frustrating. Alex was my favorite part of the book. :D

    ReplyDelete