Friday 23 September 2011

TGIF and Follow Friday


Follow Friday is hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read.

This week's question is: Do you have a favourite series that you read over and over again? Tell us a bit about it and why you keep revisiting it.

This is a great question. Hopefully I'll learn about a new series or two! Obviously I have read Harry Potter again and again over the last 10 years. I always forget little bits of the story or discover something I missed before. They will never get old. 

While Can You Keep A Secret by Sophie Kinsella isn't a series, it is a book that I have read too many times to count. I don't normally re read books. I don't have enough time to work backwards like that; not when there are so many new books to discover. But Can You Keep a Secret is one of my favourite books that I often pick up and open on any page when I am sick or stressed out. I guess you could call it my security book/blanket! It is hilariously funny with an incredibly sweet romance story. It's excellent!


TGIF is hosted by GReads and this weeks question is: Read Challenges: Did you sign up for any this year? How has your progression been?

I signed up for the Books to Movies Challenge hosted by Two Bibliomaniacs. I'm not gonna lie; I haven't been doing well! I have only reviewed one book and movie out of the eight I'm meant to complete! To be honest, I don't think I am suited to challenges. I hate feeling pressured into reading something in particular. But I still have time to redeem myself and start the challenge again, so fingers crossed I'll get my act together!

Last Chance to enter my Six Month Blogiversary GIVEAWAY. The winners get to pick a book from Book Depository. Click Here to Enter

13 comments:

  1. I love Sophie Kinsella! And obviously Harry Potter. Great choices!

    Here's my FF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Can you Keep a Secret! I don't know if I should hope for a movie or not. Mainly because I feel that while it was quite good, Confessions of a Shopaholic the movie didn't do justice to the book series.

    Harry Potter is in my "to re-read list" too :D

    Have a Great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen Harry Potter mentioned in a lot of the answers today. I'm ashamed to admit I've never even read any of them! But I will read them soon! I've been telling myself this for years and it never happens, but this time I really mean it ;)

    I'm a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Old Follower Hopping thru.

    Check out my responses at Gimme The Scoop Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of Can You Keep a Secret! I'll have to check it out if it's that good!

    Trish - My Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't like feeling pressured into reading either. I haven't done very well on the 2011 DAC because of that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hiya, I'm a new follower. Happy Friday to you!

    I've been wanting to reread Harry Potter for ages! I did reread books 1-4 before 5 came out, but it was after that that my TBR list began to grow and rereading became impossible. It will be wonderful to revist the series now that it's over. Fingers crossed that I catch up with my reading and find the time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like Sophie Kinsella's books! I haven't read the one you mention though! I'm sure I would like that one as well!

    My Follow Friday

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never read can I keep a secret. I just added it to my TBR list.

    Old Follower. :)

    My FF- Book Briefs

    -Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  10. Harry Potter for the WIN! hehe I just love rereading HP!

    Old Follower Kylie @ The Talking Teacup

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Follow Friday!

    I hope you will stop by and check out our twitter event going on today!
    http://OurBooksOurVoice.Blogspot.com

    Sincerely,
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hopping through. I didn't realize Kinsella had written anything other than the Shopaholic books - those I want to read.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like Challenges but I pick them carefully so that I am fairly sure I will be successful even before I start.

    ReplyDelete